UEFA Champions League – UEFA Champions League Final 2019 Madrid – Digital Promotion
The tickets are courtesy of the Promoter, Mastercard, an Official Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League.
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Promoter: Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP
- This promotion is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over, holding a Mastercard card issued by a UK financial institution, excluding employees and their immediate families of Mastercard (the “Promoter”), its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The promotion will run from 30/04/2019 to 09:59am on 07/05/2019 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter the prize draw, cardholder must visit https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/consumers/offers-promotions/uefa.html, fill out the prize draw entry form and click “Submit”. Cardholders must also confirm they are an 18+ Mastercard cardholder, confirm they have a valid passport and accept the promotional Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry to the ‘UEFA Champions League – UEFA Champions League Final 2019 Madrid – Digital Promotion’ prize draw you understand and agree that you are providing information to Mastercard. You accept that your and your guest’s first name, last name, telephone number, email address, county and passport details will be captured for up to 3 months after the end of the promotion for the purpose of contacting you if you are a winner and to assess eligibility for other Mastercard UEFA Champions League promotions. This information will be processed in accordance with the Campaign Privacy Notice.
- Only one entry per cardholder is permitted during the Promotional Period. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be all disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the website. The promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to website.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
Prizes and Fulfilment
- Entries must be received by 09:59am on 07/05/2019 (“Closing Date”). The prize draws will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winners. The winners will be notified by email or phone within 3 working days of the Closing Date. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email and phone connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- One prize will be available to win. The prize is for 2 adults (18+) and consists of:
- 2 tickets for the UEFA Champions League Final 2019 in Madrid on Saturday 1st June 2019
- UK travel allowance of £500
- One night’s accommodation at the Hilton Hotel, Gatwick Airport on Thursday 30th May 2019 (double occupancy, including breakfast)
- Return economy flights from London Gatwick to Madrid, departing on Friday 31st May and returning Sunday 2nd June 2019
- Return group transfers from the airport to the hotel in Madrid
- 2 nights at a 4-star hotel in Madrid chosen by the Promoter, based on double occupancy (Friday 31st May and Saturday 1st June)
- Return group transfers from the hotel in Madrid to Estadio Metropolitano Stadium
- Travel insurance
- All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize, including but not limited to, additional spending money as required, are the winners’ and guests’ own. The prize is as stated and nothing else is included. The tickets are courtesy of the Promoter, Mastercard, an Official Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League.
- The winner and their guest must be able to travel on Thursday 30/05/2019, returning on Sunday 02/06/2019. Entrants should ensure that they are available during this period in case they are the winner. Failure to be able to attend will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
- The winner and their guest must hold valid passports with at least 6 months’ validity remaining after the return date. Passports, Visas and other travel documentation are the responsibility and cost of the prize winner. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the prize winner or their guest fail to obtain the required travel documentation.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is included in the prize; however, it does not cover pre-existing medical conditions and has an upper age limit of 79 years. In the event that, upon applying for the cover, cover is not granted, the winner must seek adequate cover for the travelling party from another insurer. This will be the prize winner’s responsibility and proof of such insurance will be required prior to departure. A cash contribution, equivalent to the cost of the above cover, will be made directly to the winner upon presentation of proof of the requisite cover.
- All travel, accommodation and other products and services provided to the winner will be provided subject to the terms and conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor their agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from travel, accommodation or services must be taken up with such providers.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for hotels or transport companies being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
- The prize is date and event specific and cannot be transferred or postponed to a later date. Owing to the timing of the prize, the winner will have 48 HOURS from first being contacted to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the stadium, kick off time or date of the match changes before the event, the winner will be informed of the new location, kick off time or date in their winning notification. Changes to the stadium / location, kick off time or date of any match is outside the control of the Promoter.
- There is no cash or other alternative for the prize in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
- Unless otherwise specified, prize items are not covered by warranties and cannot be exchanged or returned with retailers.
- Failure to comply with all of the above may result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to an alternative winner at Mastercard’s discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final.
Other Important Information
- All winners take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winners or their guests, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to a prize once delivered to a winner. All winners are subject to the policies and terms and conditions of any and all third parties involved in the fulfilment of this prize. Any terms and conditions applicable to the prizes have been provided to the fullest extent possible.
- By accepting the prize package, the winner agrees to adhere to all stadium regulations and the Terms and Conditions of the tickets that form part of their prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove the winner and/or guest who are not acting in adherence with stadium regulations.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to any person regardless if they have a valid ticket.
- Please note that flash photography will be used throughout the evening.
- If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if the Promoter considers it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, they may elect to make available the winner’s surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months after the closing date of the Promotional Period. This information can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winner and/or guest not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
- Prize must be taken by the winner in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
- If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction, unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.