UEFA Champions League
Win a priceless mascot experience for your child
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP
Win a priceless mascot experience for the UEFA Champions League 2018 – Semi-final – Promotion
Tickets courtesy of Mastercard, Official Sponsor of UEFA Champions League.
1. The prize draw for the UEFA Champions League 2018 Semi-final will run from 13/04/2018 to 10:00 on 19/04/2018 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
2. To enter the prize draw, cardholders must visit https://uk.Mastercard.com/UCL or mstr.cd/UCL and fill out the registration form, ensuring they choose 24/04/18 – Liverpool F.C. vs A.S. Roma from the “Select Match” dropdown list and then click “Submit”.
3. Entries must be received by 10:00 on 19/04/2018 (“Closing Date”). The prize draw will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winners. The winners will be notified by email or phone within 3 working days of the Closing Date.
4. A minimum of 13 x prize will be available:
- 13 x prizes comprising of 2 tickets (one for the nominated child participating in the activity and one for the accompanying parent or guardian) for the UEFA Champions League match between Liverpool FC vs AS Roma on 24/04/2018 at Anfield and a UEFA Champions League branded Mastercard kit for the child to wear on the pitch (shirt, shorts and socks). The nominated child will walk onto the pitch hand-in-hand with one of the players participating in the match.
5. Transport is not included in the prizes. All other costs and expenses in taking up a prize, including but not limited to, spending money as required, are the winners’ and guests’ own. The prizes are as stated and nothing else is included. The player escorts opportunity and tickets are courtesy of Mastercard, an Official Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League.
6. Prizes must be taken on 24/04/2018. Entrants should ensure that they are available during this period in case they are a winner. Failure to be able to attend will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
7. By accepting the prize packages, winners are agreeing to adhere to all stadium regulations and the Terms and Conditions of the tickets that form part of their prize, which can be viewed at http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms.
8. The prize winners’ full names and counties will be available by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘Win a priceless mascot experience for your child – UEFA Champions League 2018 Semi-final – Promotion Winners’ in the subject line, within three months of the Closing Date.
Win a priceless mascot experience for the UEFA Champions League Final Kiev 2018
1. The prize draw for the UEFA Champions League Final Kiev 2018 will run from 05/04/2018 to 10:00 on 23/04/2018 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
2. To enter the prize draw, cardholders must visit https://uk.Mastercard.com/UCL or mstr.cd/UCL and fill out the registration form, ensuring they choose 26/05/2018 – UCL Final Kiev 2018 from the “Select Match” dropdown list and then click “Submit”.
3. Entries must be received by 10:00 on 23/04/2018 (“Closing Date”). The prize draw will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winners. The winners will be notified by email or phone within 3 working days of the Closing Date.
4. A minimum of 1 x prize will be available comprising of:
- 2 tickets (one for the nominated child participating in the activity and one for the accompanying parent or guardian) for the UEFA Champions League Final Kiev 2018 on Saturday 26th May and a kit chosen by the Promoter for the child to wear on the pitch (shirt, shorts and socks). The nominated child will walk onto the pitch hand-in-hand with one of the players participating in the match.
- UK travel allowance of £300 per person
- One night’s accommodation at the Hilton Hotel, Heathrow Airport on Thursday 24th May 2018 (double occupancy, including breakfast)
- Return economy flights from London Heathrow to Kiev (indirect flights via Paris on the outbound journey and via Amsterdam on the return journey), departing on Friday 25th May and returning Sunday 27th May 2018
- Return group airport to hotel transfers in Kiev
- 2 nights hotel accommodation at the Bratislava Hotel based on double occupancy (Friday 25th and Saturday 26th May)
- Group transfers from the Bratislava Hotel to The NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium
- Travel insurance
- £250 spending money
5. All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize, including but not limited to, additional spending money as required, are the winners’ and guests’ own. The prize is as stated and nothing else is included. The player escorts opportunity and tickets are courtesy of Mastercard®, an Official Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League.
6. The winners and their nominated child must be able to travel on Thursday 24/05/2018, returning on Sunday 27/05/2018. Entrants should ensure that they are available during this period in case they are a winner. Failure to be able to attend will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
7. The winners and their nominated child must hold valid passports with at least 6 months’ validity remaining after the return date. Passports, Visas and other travel documentation are the responsibility and cost of the prize winners. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the prize winners or their nominated child fail to obtain the required travel documentation.
8. Comprehensive travel insurance is included in the prize; however, it does not cover pre-existing medical conditions and has an upper age limit of 79 years. In the event that, upon applying for the cover, cover is not granted, the winner must seek adequate cover for the travelling party from another insurer. This will be the prize winners’ responsibility and proof of such insurance will be required prior to departure. A cash contribution, equivalent to the cost of the above cover, will be made directly to the winner upon presentation of proof of the requisite cover.
9. All travel, accommodation and other products and services provided to the winners will be provided subject to the terms and conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor their agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from travel, accommodation or services must be taken up with such providers.
10. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for hotels or transport companies being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
11. By accepting the prize packages, winners are agreeing to adhere to all stadium regulations and the Terms and Conditions of the tickets that form part of their prize, which can be viewed at http://www.nsc-olimpiyskiy.com.ua/en/stadium/rules/.
12. The prize winners’ full names and counties will be available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Win a priceless mascot experience for your child – UEFA Champions League Final Kiev 2018 – Promotion Winners’ in the subject line, within three months of the Closing Date.
General Terms and Conditions for all Priceless Mascot Promotions
1. Priceless mascot prize draws are open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over, holding a Mastercard® card issued by a UK financial institution, excluding employees and their immediate families of Mastercard (the “Promoter”), its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with these prize draws.
2. By submitting an entry to a ‘Win a priceless mascot experience for your Child’ promotion you acknowledge that you are providing information to Mastercard. You accept that your basic information and email address will be captured for up to 3 months after the end of the promotion.
3. Only one entry per cardholder is permitted per Promotional Period. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
4. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
5. Entrants must be the parent or legal guardian of the nominated child.
6. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the website. The promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to website.
7. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Mastercard (the “Promoter”) takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
Prizes and Fulfilment
8. The prizes are date and event specific and cannot be transferred or postponed to a later date. Owing to the timing of the prizes, winners will have 48 hours from first being contacted to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winners. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. No person may win more than one prize. In addition, no person will be eligible to win a prize if they have previously won and accepted a priceless mascot experience prize during the 2017/ 2018 UEFA Champions League tournament.
10. There is no cash or other alternative for any of the prizes in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
11. Unless otherwise specified, prize items are not covered by warranties and cannot be exchanged or returned with retailers.
12. Children must be aged between 7 and 9 years old and must be between 1.05m and 1.35m tall on the day of the UEFA Champions League Match that their parent/legal guardian chose in the dropdown list. Children outside of this age and height limit will not be allowed to participate in the activity. Children must be physically and mentally able to perform the activity required. Children need to understand English. Due to UEFA Champions League regulations, the mascot duties may only be performed where twenty-two eligible children are present. Children are required to bring their own black or dark sport shoes (if possible Adidas branded or unbranded).
13. Each child must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on match night and must be available for a rehearsal prior to the match. Rehearsals typically begin at around 5pm on the day of the match but full details and timings will be provided to winners following the close of the promotional period. Parents or legal guardians will not be able to accompany the child into the changing rooms, tunnel or pitch. Each parent or legal guardian will need to sign a disclaimer allowing i) two named Mastercard, UEFA and/or Club chaperones to escort the children around the stadium on match night in order to perform their duties; ii) the child to be photographed and filmed (possibly appearing on terrestrial and/or satellite TV).
14. If the date of the UEFA Champions League match or any associated travel takes place on a school day, that child’s school must be informed and special consent must be given. Approval by your child’s school is by no means guaranteed by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to request a letter of consent as necessary before the prize is formally awarded.
15. On the day of the chosen UEFA Champions League match, confirmed winners must be able to show on request their confirmation email, with the date and time the email was received, as proof that they are a verified winner. The confirmation email will only follow once a winner has spoken to a Mastercard representative by phone to clarify that the nominated child is eligible to win the mascot prize and is subject to adhering to the terms and conditions of the promotion.
16. Only the nominated child who has been verified as eligible by a Mastercard representative and awarded the prize, is able to take part in the mascot experience. No alternative child is allowed to attend on behalf of, or instead of, the originally verified mascot. If the child is not the same child that was verified by a Mastercard representative during the verification process prior to the event, they will not be permitted to take part. Should the parent or guardian of a child need to change, this change must be communicated to a Mastercard representative at least 24 HOURS prior to the event and the original parent or guardian must sign a consent form to approve this change.
17. The parent or guardian should bring valid photo ID by way of a passport or driver’s licence OR their valid Mastercard card.
18. Failure to comply with all of the above may result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to an alternative child at Mastercard’s discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final.
Other Important Information
19. If a football match is cancelled for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control or for reasons related to health and safety, or if 22 children are not present, there will be no rescheduling of the prize and tickets will become void and will not be exchanged for any other prize.
20. All winners take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guest, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winner. All winners are subject to the policies and terms and conditions of any and all third parties involved in the fulfilment of this prize. Any terms and conditions applicable to the prizes have been provided to the fullest extent possible.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any winners and/or companions who are not acting in adherence with stadium regulations.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the event to any person regardless if they have a valid ticket.
23. Please note that flash photography will be used throughout the evening.
24. Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
25. The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winners and/or guests not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
26. Prizes must be taken by the winners in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
27. If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
28. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
30. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
31. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
32. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
33. Data protection: An entrant’s participation in the Promotion is voluntary. The entity responsible for the collection and use of personal data in the context of the Promotion is Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP, UK. Personal data, such as: first name, surname (both parent and child), email address, phone number, county and a confirmation of the child’s age and height, is only processed for the purposes of participating in the Promotion, notifying the winners and delivering the prizes, and will be deleted in max. 3 months after the end of the Promotion.
34. If an entrant provides their consent, the Promoter will use their email address to send them marketing communications.
35. An entrant can request access to their personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to email@example.com. Personal data is stored in the UK and Australia and is not shared with third parties except for the above purposes with Mastercard's service providers Big Group and Octagon, in accordance with applicable law. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their personal data as described here and can withdraw consent at any time but will no longer be able to participate.
For more information about Mastercard's data protection practices, see our Global Privacy Notice www.Mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/about-Mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html