The Olivier Awards 2019 with Mastercard – Sit with the Nominees – #StartSomethingPriceless – Social Media Promotion
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please note nothing in these Terms restricts the participant's statutory rights as a consumer and if required advice can be obtained from a Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advice Bureau for further information relating to these statutory rights.
Promoter: Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP
1. This prize draw is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over, holding a Mastercard® card issued by a UK financial institution, excluding employees and their immediate families of Mastercard, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw.
2. The prize draw will run from 22/03/2019 to 23:59 on 27/03/2019 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
3. Cardholders can receive a maximum of two entries into the prize draw. Only one entry per cardholder, per social media platform (Twitter and Facebook) will be counted, regardless of the number of Tweets or Facebook comments made during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Twitter and/or Facebook accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
4. By submitting an entry to the promotion, you understand and agree that you are providing information to Mastercard. You accept that this information will be retained for up to 3 months after the prize has been fulfilled. This information will be processed in accordance with the Campaign Privacy Notice.
5. To enter the prize draw, cardholders must do the following during the Promotional Period:
o Login to their Twitter account and tweet in response to a Mastercard UK tweet about the Olivier Awards 2019 which references the promotion, using the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless and tagging @MastercardUK, AND/OR;
o Login to their Facebook account and comment below a post by Mastercard UK which includes a reference to the promotion and includes the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless.
6. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
7. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Twitter and/or Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Twitter and/or Facebook.
8. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Mastercard (the “Promoter”) takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
9. The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as, being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter and/or Facebook communities or which contain anything which is likely to or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion.
11. No purchase necessary.
Prizes and Fulfilment
12. Entries must be received by 23:59 on 27/03/2019 (“Closing Date”) to be entered into the prize draw.
13. One prize will be available to win during the Promotional Period. The prize is for two adults (aged 18 or over) and consists of the following:
o 2 x tickets to the Olivier Awards 2019 with Mastercard on 07/04/2018 at the Royal Albert Hall, London, these Prime Seats will be located with Olivier Awards nominees
o The chance to walk the red carpet
o A souvenir brochure
o 2 x tickets to the Post Awards Celebration at the Natural History Museum
o Pre-show lunch at a Michelin star restaurant chosen by the Promoter (up to the value of £350 to be spent on food and drink of the winner’s choosing)
o One-night accommodation at a 5-star hotel chosen by the Promoter (double or twin occupancy subject to availability), including breakfast
o Executive car transfers from the hotel to the Royal Albert Hall before the ceremony and from Royal Albert Hall to the Post Awards Celebration at the Natural History Museum
14. The prize is as stated and nothing else is included.
15. All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize, including but not limited to, travel to London and spending money as required, are the winner’s and guest’s own.
16. Winner Selection and Notification: The prize draw will be selected at random via an independent computerised process.
17. The winner will be notified via Twitter or Facebook within 48 HOURS of the close of the Promotional Period. The winner will have 48 HOURS to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Twitter and/or Facebook connections during this time in case they are the winner.
18. The prize is event and date specific and must be taken on 07/04/2019. Failure to be able to attend on this date will result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
19. There is no cash or other alternative for the prize in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
Other Important Information
20. By participating in the promotion, the entrants licence and grants the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the posts submitted for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability, including, in particular, sharing the post via Mastercard’s social media channels. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Entrants warrant that their entry shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part and that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
21. The winner and their guest take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guest, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winner.
22. Accommodation and all other products and services provided to the winner will be provided subject to the terms and conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor its agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from accommodation or services must be taken up with such providers.
23. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for hotels or restaurants being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
24. The winner and their guest acknowledge and agree that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of the tickets which form part of their prize, which can be viewed at https://www.royalalberthall.com/extra/terms-and-conditions.These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time and may include the requirement for ticket holders to present valid photo ID (passport or driving licence) and/or other forms of identification (such as a debit or credit card) upon entry to the event to ensure that the ticket holder is the same as the person named on their ticket. Failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event.
25. It is a condition of entry that winner and their guest agree to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion without further recompense.
26. By using the tickets and attending the event, winners and their guests waive their moral rights and copyrights attached to their likeness (and any performance) being broadcast, printed or otherwise used (by radio, television, print, online or media) worldwide.
27. Winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of the Royal Albert Hall (Venue), which can be viewed at www.royalalberthall.com/extra/terms-and-conditions. The venue reserves the right to remove any person or refuse any person entry to The Olivier Awards with Mastercard regardless of whether they have a valid ticket.
28. If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if the Promoter considers it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, they may elect to make available the winner’s first initial, surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months after the closing date of the Promotional Period. This information can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
29. Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
30. The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winner and/or guest not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
31. The prize must be taken by the winner in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
32. Prize packages (and associated tickets) are personal to the winner(s) and the sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any tickets and/or part of any of the prize packages is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel tickets and withdraw or make void any and all prize elements if this term is not complied with.
33. If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
34. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
36. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
37. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
38. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
39. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter and/or Facebook whatsoever. By entering the promotion via Twitter and/or Facebook all participants agree to a complete liability release for Twitter and/or Facebook.