Mastercard – Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018 – Kids’ Concept Cars Competition
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Promoter: Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP
- This competition is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over, holding a Mastercard card issued by a UK financial institution, excluding employees and their immediate families of Mastercard (the “Promoter”), its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- The cardholder entering the competition must be the parent or legal guardian of the participating child. The participating child must be aged between 5 – 11 years old.
- The competition will be open from 29/05/2018 to 23:59 on 31/05/2018 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- To enter the competition, cardholders must submit their child’s drawing of a car. This sketch can be annotated with design features and can either be coloured in or be an outline sketch.
- The parent or guardian of the participating child (aged 5-11 years old) can submit the entry via social media. They can either:
- Login to their Facebook account and share a photograph of their child’s drawing in the comments underneath the post from Mastercard UK which includes the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless.
- Login to their Twitter account and share a photograph of their child’s drawing using the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless and tagging @MastercardUK.
- Login to their Instagram account and share a photograph of their child’s drawing using the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless and tagging @MastercardUK.
- Entries will be deemed invalid if:
- they contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant; or
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards).
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Mastercard (the “Promoter”) takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this competition and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as, being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the competition.
- An entrant’s use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is subject to the terms and conditions located at https://www.facebook.com/terms, https://twitter.com/tos and https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511 respectively.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 on 31/05/2018 (“Closing Date”).
- Entries will be judged by a panel (with at least one independent judge) who will evaluate each submission based on the following criteria. The judging of entries will take place on 01/06/2018. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Creativity, imagination and originality.
- Ideas for how the car will be the most advanced, safest, fastest or environmentally friendly.
- One prize will be available to win. This prize will include:
- The winning drawing will be turned into a life-sized concept car model which will be featured as the centrepiece in the Mastercard activation space at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018.
- 4 x VIP tickets for Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018 (for a family or group of 4 people) on Saturday 14th July and Sunday 15th July 2018.
- Sponsors’ Enclosure passes for Saturday 14th July and Sunday 15th July.
- 2 x nights hotel accommodation at the Angel Inn, Midhurst (Friday and Saturday night). This is based on double/twin occupancy and includes breakfast.
- Daily transfers between the hotel and the event.
- £300 travel allowance to cover transport from home to the hotel for the party of 4.
- The prize is as stated and nothing else is included. All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize, including but not limited to, spending money as required, are the winner’s own.
- The prize is date and event specific. The participating child and their parent or guardian who submitted the entry must be available to attend Goodwood Festival of Speed on 14/07/2018 – 15/07/2018.
- The winner will be notified via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (depending on where the entry was submitted) within 24 HOURS of the close of the Promotional Period. The winner will have 48 HOURS to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram connections during this time in case they are the winner.
- There is no cash or other alternative for the prize in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
- By participating in the competition, the entrants licence and grants the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the drawing submitted for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability, including, in particular, sharing the picture of the drawing via Mastercard’s social media channels. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Entrants warrant that their entry shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part and that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. The model and the rights to it will belong to Mastercard.
- The winner, the participating child and their guests take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guests, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winner.
- Accommodation and all other products and services provided to the winner will be provided subject to the terms and conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor its agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from accommodation or services must be taken up with such providers.
- It is a condition of entry that the winner and the participating child agree to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition without further recompense. This may include but is not limited to photographs and video footage. The winner will be required to sign a consent form for the use of this footage.
- The prize winner’s full name and county is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the Closing Date.
- Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winner, participating child and/or guests not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
- Prize must be taken by the winner in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
- If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant prize and disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By entering the competition, all participants accept that they have no claim against Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram whatsoever. By entering the competition via Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
- Data protection: An entrant’s participation in the competition is voluntary. The entity responsible for the collection and use of personal data in the context of the competition is Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP, UK. Entrants’ social media user names and/or handles will be processed for the purpose of collating and judging entries. Once a winner has been selected they will be asked to provide personal data, such as: first name, surname (both parent and child), email address, phone number, county and a confirmation of the child’s age. This personal data will only be processed for the purpose of fulfilling the prize. All personal data will be deleted a maximum of 3 months after the prize has been fulfilled.
- An entrant can request access to their personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to email@example.com or by visiting the following website page: www.Mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/about-Mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html. Personal data is stored in the UK and is not shared with third parties except for the above purposes with Mastercard's service providers Big Group and Octagon, in accordance with applicable law. By participating in the competition, entrants agree to the use of their personal data as described here and can withdraw consent at any time, but will no longer be able to participate.
- For more information about Mastercard's data protection practices, see our Global Privacy Notice www.Mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/about-Mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html.
Prizes and Fulfilment
Other Important Information