Mastercard – Social Media Promotion – Disneyland® Paris – Mickey’s Birthday Celebration
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please note nothing in these Terms restricts the participant's statutory rights as a consumer and if required advice can be obtained from a Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advice Bureau for further information relating to these statutory rights.
Promoter: Mastercard Europe Services Limited, 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NP
- This promotion is open to United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over, holding a Mastercard card issued by a UK financial institution, excluding employees and their immediate families of Mastercard (the “Promoter”), its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- The promotion will be open from 26/10/2018 to 23:59 on 11/11/2018 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
- Maximum of three entries per cardholder during the Promotional Period. Only one entry per cardholder will be counted per social media platform (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) regardless of the number of tweets, Instagram posts and/or Facebook comments made during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- By submitting an entry to the promotion, you understand and agree that you are providing information to Mastercard. You accept that this information will be captured for up to 3 months after the prize has been fulfilled. This information will be processed in accordance with the Campaign Privacy Notice.
- To enter the prize draw, cardholders must submit their entry via Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook during the Promotional Period, by doing the following:
- Login to their Twitter account and tweet in response to a Mastercard UK tweet about Disneyland Paris using the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless and tagging @MastercardUK, AND/OR;
- Login to their Instagram account and comment below a post by Mastercard UK which includes a reference to the promotion, using the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless AND/OR;
- Login to their Facebook account and comment below a post by Mastercard UK which includes a reference to the promotion, using the hashtag #StartSomethingPriceless
- Entries will be deemed invalid if:
- they contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant; or
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards).
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as, being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter, Instagram or Facebook communities or which contain anything which is likely to or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the competition.
- An entrant’s use on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook is subject to the Terms and Conditions located at https://twitter.com/tos, https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511 and https://www.facebook.com/terms respectively.
- Cardholders entering via Twitter must have a public account.
- No purchase necessary.
Prizes and Fulfilment
- Entries must be received by 23:59 on 11/11/2018 (“Closing Date”). The prize draw will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winner.
- One prize will be available to win. The prize is for a group of four, consisting of at least one adult (18+). Children must be aged 4-17 years. This prize consists of the following:
- Two nights at a Disney’s Newport Bay Club Hotel for a group of four (in a family room) on 30/11/2018 and 01/12/2018
- 4 x invitations to Mickey’s Birthday celebration on the evening of 01/12/2018
- 4 x 3 day access to both Disney parks
- Vouchers worth €150 per day
- Return transport from one UK address to Disneyland Paris, departing 30/11/2018 and returning 02/12/2018
- Return transfers from Airport or Station to Disney’s Newport Bay Club Hotel
- The prize is as stated and nothing else is included. All other costs and expenses in taking up a prize, including but not limited to, spending money and travel insurance as required, are the winner’s and guests’ own.
- Prize winner notification: The winner will be notified via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (depending on where the entry was submitted) within 48 HOURS of the close of the Promotional Period. The winner will have 48 HOURS to accept the prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Twitter, Instagram or Facebook connections during this time in case they are the winner.
- The prize is date and event specific. The winner and their guests must be able to travel on Friday 30/11/2018, returning on Sunday 02/12/2018. Entrants should ensure that they are available during this period in case they are the winner. Failure to be able to attend will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
- The winner and their guests must hold valid passports with at least 6 months’ validity remaining after the return date. Passports, Visas and other travel documentation, such as travel insurance, are the responsibility and cost of the prize winner. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the prize winner or their guests fail to obtain the required travel documentation.
- All travel, accommodation and other products and services provided to the winner will be provided subject to the Terms and Conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor their agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from travel, accommodation or services must be taken up with such providers.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for hotels or transport companies being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
- If the date of the event or any associated travel takes place on a school day, that child’s school must be informed, and special consent must be given. Approval by your child’s school is by no means guaranteed by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to request a letter of consent as necessary before the prize is formally awarded.
- By accepting the prize package, the winner agrees to adhere to all Disneyland Paris regulations and the Terms and Conditions of the tickets that form part of their prize, which can be viewed at http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/disneyland-paris/help/terms-conditions/
- There is no cash or other alternative for the prize in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
Other Important Information
- The winner and their guests take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guests, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winner.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for hotels or restaurants being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
- If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if the Promoter considers it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, they may elect to make available the winner’s first initial, surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months after the closing date of the Promotional Period. This information can be requested by emailing email@example.com. The Promoter reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winner and/or guest not taking advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason.
- The prize must be taken by the winner in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
- If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.